Monday, September 10, 2012

La Dolce Vita

My skin is salty and has started to "tan." I say "tan" because as a day-walking ginger "tan" is a relative term. I'm still pink-to-translucent in some places but overall am covered with a nice smattering of freckles and fair, sun-bleached hair. You could say I have a golden-brown Jackson Pollock tan ;)

DP, that's Dan Prince or Daddio Prince, & I have been gallivanting about Tuscany & now Amalfi Coast for 5 1/2 days. We've packed plenty of activity and sight-seeing into those days; not to mention stuffed ourselves full of some of the most decadent cuisine I've ever had the pleasure to graze upon.

Truffles Truffles Truffles. My father & I have a multi-year history of great meals together. There are a few select meals that really stand out in both our memories due to a combination of setting, ambiance, service, cuisine and company. One night at a Seattle restaurant (Cascadia) remains an all time favorite. We had the 7 course price fixed menu with wine pairings. In actuality two courses were palate cleansers, one a Douglas fir sorbet. Surrounded by deep wood and iron details, we lavished in the Pacific Northwest sensible glamor. Another was in the Rainbow Room in NYC where I had the single best salad of my life: Arugula with balsamic and Parmesan cheese. Simple. Beautiful, bouyant flavors.

Our journeys through Italy have quickly filled our top 10 and were we not setting off at this very moment for what no-doubt will be another exceptional and memorable meal, I would detail all of our recent dining and drinking extravagances... I'll save that for later.

Buon appetito! Off to Vivaro Wine Bar, Praiano, Amalfi, Italia.


No comments:

Post a Comment