Monday, September 3, 2012

I am a traveler

It feels good to be on the road!

I'm off to a marvelous period of gallivanting: Portland to Nashville. This morning Nashville to Toronto.

Toronto is a new city for me and new feels great. Everything is shiny, my eyes are wide and every interaction pregnant with possibility.

I was immediately struck with the diversity of the people and, of course, how gosh darn friendly everyone is--They're Canadian!  I found my way quickly through customs and was spit out directly to the information desk.  Toronto is what Germany would be if it were down to earth, laid back but still extremely invested in effeciency.

The mass transit is prolific, however less efficient that the smart airport. It took almost 2 hours to get into downtown where I met up with Boris from the Red Patch Boys.

He gave me a galliant albiet brief walking tour of downtown. My eyes were wide the whole time and our lips flapping in the wind as we jumped from subject to subject. Nifty town with towering skyscrapers and historical architecture all but overwhelmed by the horizon. It is the last day of summer here and the streets were packed with revelers. There was a distinct atmosphere of Carnival as it was Brazil day. I had no idea!


I certainly have more to say about all of this but alas my flight to Italy is boarding and I must be on it.  In brief: Nashville was better than ever and Boris' Toronto was an excellent send-off for Italy.

Cultural whiplash here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment